2020 Nashville Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida - a virtual event!
Join us on June 13, 2020
NEW! We're Going Virtual!
We're committed to doing our part to slow the spread of Covid-19, and we've shifted gears on previously scheduled in-person events through June 2020. Our commitment to our mission to build a better and brighter future for those impacted by Spina Bifida has not changed, and we aim to still bring a sense of community and connection to our SBA of GA/TN family through Walk-N-Roll virtually.
Our mission, our initiatives, and our sense of community matter – before the pandemic, during, and after. Join us!
- Virtual Walk-N-Roll participants are invited to register and fundraise as usual. There is no minimum fundraising requirement, but your support now is just as important as ever - all funds make a difference in the lives of those living with Spina Bifida. The celebration *will* go on, so invite your friends and family to register and join us in this new way!
- “Join us” for a Walk, Roll, or other activity of your choice on event day anytime from 9am to noon. Looking for other ways to participate while safely practicing social distancing? Hop on your treadmill, handcycle, or pogostick; hold a dance party in your living room; create an obstacle course in your garage; fly a kite in your backyard; the possibilities are endless!
- Post photos/video clips of your “event” to the Facebook event. We invite you to comment, like, and connect with your community via their posts in the event, too!
- Participants will later be invited to an in-person, community potluck later this fall to connect IRL, pick up earned incentives, and celebrate.
- Register as an individual or a team -- please register everyone participating, regardless of age, just as you would for our in-person event. We want to know just how loud and proud our virtual "crowd" is!
- Teams encouraged but please use best social distancing practices - we recommend setting up a group Facetime call if you'd like to walk or roll with members of your team from afar! Don't forget to snap a screencap to share in the Facebook event.
- Want to do more?
- Create a poster - show your team spirit!
- Create a "Why I WNR" heart and snap a pic!
- Comment on other participants' posts/photos in the Facebook event!
- Connect with our generous sponsors online, via the event page, or phone!
- Call three+ friends and encourage them to donate $20 or any amount they are able to support your efforts!
- Share your activity via Facebook live, Twitch, Instagram Live, or any other platofms you use - help spread the word about our work and your involvement!
About Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida
Join the Spina Bifida Association at the 2020 Nashville Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida - a virtual event! to be held at Virtual in Nashville, TN.
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family friendly, non-competitive one mile walk featuring interactive activies and an expansive resource fair. Walk-N-Roll works to raise awareness about Spina Bifida and celebrate the accomplishments of the approximately 166,000 Americans living with the challenges it brings. This fun annual event includes games, activities, facepainting, henna, food and refreshments, tons of raffle prizes, special visits from mascots, and more! Event proceeds support local community programs and services for all individuals affected by Spina Bifida, as well as national research, advocacy, education, and support initiatives.
Questions? Need help with fundraising, recruitment, or matching gifts? Looking for sponsorship opportunities? Contact us:
Spina Bifida Association of America