2020 Charleston Education Day
Join us on May 30, 2020Buy Tickets! Donate
|Ticket||Quantity Left||Price Each|
|Online registration (pay $35 now)||Available||$35.00|
|Day-of registration (pay $45 on site)||Available||$0.00|
Due to COVID-19, the Charleston Education Day is postponed until late summer 2020. Please continue to watch this page for updates, and visit our website and Facebook pages: Spina Bifida Association / SBA of the Carolinas.
The Medical University of South Carolina and SBA of the Carolinas invite you to the "Living Well with Spina Bifida" 2020 Charleston Education Day.
This one-day educational and networking event is for parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida, and for adults with Spina Bifida. Topics will include:
- Learning with Spina Bifida and achieving independence
- Learning about community resources
- Bladder and bowel management
- Neurosurgical issues
- Sexual health
- Social and emotional wellness
- Breakfast, lunch, and a small closing/networking reception
- Access to all sessions
- Access to the exhibit area
Register early to take advantage of the early-bird pricing! Early-bird pricing is $35. Day-of registration is open on an "as available" basis, and the price will increase to $45 per person. The last day for early-bird pricing is May 27, 3 PM EDT.
The agenda is in the works, stay tuned!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should attend this event? Parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida, and adults with Spina Bifida, will benefit from our great lineup of presenters and panelists.
2. May children attend this event? Because we are not able to provide on-site childcare, children under 12 years are not allowed to attend. Please make childcare accommodations as necessary.
3. Why pre-register online rather than pay onsite on the morning of the Education Day?
- Early-bird pricing! The last day of the early registration price of $35 is May 27 at 3 PM EDT. Day-of registration increases to $45.
- Guaranteed admission! Since day-of registration is limited, registering in advance guarantees admission to this educational event PLUS networking opportunities to connect with others in our community!
- Save time! When you register in advance, check-in is a breeze the day of the event.
- Day-of registration will be open on an "as available" basis until seats are filled. Day-of registration is $45 per person.
4. How much does parking cost? Parking is free. The parking lot is in front of the Summey Medical Pavillion building entrance.
5. Are scholarships available? Yes! SBA of the Carolinas is providing a limited number of scholarships. Please click here to access the scholarship application form, and be sure to select "Charleston, SC." The deadline to apply is May 12, 2020.
6. When can I meet other people and families of children with Spina Bifida? Arrive early to meet with other attendees and vendors during the check-in hour, catch up on breaks between sessions or lunch, and plan to stick around for appetizers and refreshments immediately following the closing remarks – so many great opportunities to network with other adults, parents, providers, and advocates!
7. Are there hotels nearby? Watch this space for updates.
Please contact Juanita Panlener at [email protected] or 202-618-4753 with other questions about this event.
Information to come
Information to come