2020 Charleston Education Day
Join us on August 8, 2020Buy Tickets! Donate
|Ticket||Quantity Left||Price Each|
Join the Medical University of South Carolina and the Spina Bifida Association of the Carolinas for "Living Well with Spina Bifida," our 2020 Education Day in Charleston, SC
This one-day educational and networking event is for parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida, and for adults with Spina Bifida. Topics will include:
Learning with Spina Bifida and achieving independence
Learning about community resources
Bladder and bowel management
Neurosurgical issues and updates
Social and emotional wellness
Living Well with Spina Bifida will also feature two live panels:
Community Resources for Individuals with Spina Bifida and their Families featuring Carolinas-based organizations: Palmetto Project; Family Resources Center; Change Healthcare; South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation; Adaptive Surf Project, and Bridge II Sports. The panel will be moderated by Jenna Brown, Director of Development for Camp Rise Above.
Challenges to the Attainment of Independent Living and Employment in Adolescence and Adulthood, featuring adults with Spina Bifida, parents, and professionals. The panel will be moderated by Brendan Downes, Medical Patient Advocate with 180 Medical.
The complete agenda will be available soon!
Registration includes access to:
all Charleston Living Well with Spina Bifida Education Day sessions
live question and answer sessions following each presentation
a guided, virtual networking and social session at the conclusion of the day
Registration closes on August 6 at 10 AM EDT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should register for this event? Parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida and adults with Spina Bifida will benefit from our great lineup of presenters and panelists.
2. Are scholarships available? Yes! The Spina Bifida Association of the Carolinas is providing a limited number of scholarships. Please click here to access the scholarship application form, and be sure to select "Charleston, SC." The deadline to apply is July 6, 2020.
3. Since the event is virtual, why isn't it free? Virtual events still cost money. The $25 registration fee helps cover SBA's staff time, technology, speaker fees, and promotion. Attendees will still receive high-quality content delivered in a clear, professional, and engaging manner.
4. Will I still be able to meet and interact with the presenters and other registrants? Yes! There will be live question and answer sessions following the presentations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of the Spina Bifida specialists and panelists with the local community organizations. There will also be a guided networking and social session at the end of the day where you will be able to interact with other attendees.
5. Will the event be recorded? Yes! All 2020 Education Days will be recorded and ultimately available through the Spina Bifida Association website. However, the benefit to attending live is that you get to ask questions and interact with presenters and attendees.
6. Where is my login information? All registered participants will receive an email two days before the event with the details to log in to the event. Registration closes August 6, 2020 at 10 AM EDT.
Please continue to watch this page for updates!
Contact Juanita Panlener at [email protected]g with other questions about this event.
Information to come
Information to come