2020 Charleston Education Symposium
Join us on May 30, 2020Buy Tickets! Donate
|Ticket||Quantity Left||Price Each|
|Online registration (pay $35 now)||Available||$35.00|
|Day-of registration (pay $45 on site)||Available||$0.00|
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2020 8 AM - 4 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Meeting address: Children's Health R. Keith Summey Medical Pavilion
Parking address: TBD
The Medical University of South Carolina and SBA of the Carolinas invite you to the "Living Well with Spina Bifida" 2020 Charleston Education Day.
This one-day educational and social event is for parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida, and for adults with Spina Bifida. Topics will include:
- Learning and education
- Wellness, nutrition and physical activity
- The transition from child and adolescent care to adult care
- Bladder and bowel management
- Breakfast, lunch, and a small closing/networking reception
- Access to all sessions
- Access to the exhibit area
- (Parking vouchers are available at a reduced cost - see Frequently Asked Questions below.)
Register early to take advantage of the early-bird pricing! Early-bird pricing is $35. Day-of registration is open on an "as available" basis, and the price will increase to $45 per person. The last day for early-bird pricing is May 27, 3 PM EDT.
The agenda is in the works, stay tuned!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should attend this event? Parents of children and teens with Spina Bifida, and adults with Spina Bifida, will benefit from our great lineup of presenters and panelists.
2. May children attend this event? Because on-site childcare is not available, children under 15 years are not allowed to attend this event. Please make childcare accommodations as necessary.
3. Why pre-register online rather than pay onsite on the morning of the Education Day?
- Early-bird pricing! The last day of the early registration price of $35 is May 27 at 3 PM EDT. Day-of registration increases to $45.
- Guaranteed admission! Since day-of registration is limited, registering in advance guarantees admission to this educational event PLUS networking opportunities to connect with others in our community!
- Save time! When you register in advance, check-in is a breeze the day of the event.
- Day-of registration will be open on an "as available" basis until seats are filled. Day-of registration is $45 per person.
4. How much does parking cost? Information to come.
5. Are scholarships available? Yes! SBA of the Carolinas is providing a limited number of scholarships. Watch this space for updates.
6. When can I meet other people and families of children with Spina Bifida? Arrive early to meet with other attendees and vendors during the check-in hour, catch up on breaks between sessions or lunch, and plan to stick around for appetizers and refreshments immediately following the closing remarks – so many great opportunities to network with other adults, parents, providers, and advocates!
7. Are there hotels nearby? Watch this space for updates.
Please contact Juanita Panlener at [email protected] or 202-618-4753 with other questions about this event.
Information to come
Information to come