2021 Virtual Education Day for Adults with Spina Bifida
Join us on March 13, 2021Buy Tickets! Donate
|Ticket||Quantity Left||Price Each|
The Spina Bifida Association invites you to the 2021 Education Day for Adults with Spina Bifida
Lifelong Transition: Adults Making Connections for Healthy Living
This event will be presented by specialists in adult Spina Bifida care at the University of Pittsburgh Adult Spina Bifida Clinic, the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, members of Living with Spina Bifida in Central Pennsylvania, and the Spina Bifida Association.
This live, virtual educational event is designed to address topics of importance to adults with Spina Bifida. Presentations have time for Q&A with the speakers and panelists. Topics will include:
Health outcomes for adults
Men's and women's health
Panel discussion on independence and independent living
Mental health in the context of health challenges
Financial planning for your future
Primary and preventive care
Identifying health problems that you should discuss with your specialists
Finding and using supportive resources in your community
The first half of the event will be split into topics that are relevant to adults ages 18-39, and topics that are relevant to ages 40 and above. Information about how to join the group of your choice will be provided closer to the event date.
Registration includes access to:
All Education Day sessions
Live question and answer sessions following each presentation
Recording of all sessions that you can download to listen and keep
Bingo Night and Conversation event from 7:00-8:30 pm ET on March 12, the evening before the Education Day.
Registration ($25) closes on March 12 at 11:00 PM ET
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should register for this event? We selected the topics of this Education Day based on conversations with adults with Spina Bifida who shared what their needs are and what they'd like to know more about. So while this day is dedicated to adults with Spina Bifida, we welcome parents who have children (of any age) with Spina Bifida. We believe that the topics that will be covered, and the experiences and insights from the adults who take part in the day's events, can help parents and caregivers understand how to help their children prepare for their lifelong health care and self-advocacy needs.
2. Since the event is virtual, why isn't it free? Virtual events still cost money. The registration fee helps cover SBA's staff time, technology, and promotion. Attendees will still receive high-quality content delivered in a clear, professional, and engaging manner.
4. Will I still be able to meet and interact with the presenters and other registrants? Yes! There will be live question and answer sessions following the presentations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of the Spina Bifida specialists and panelists with the local community organizations.
5. Will the event be recorded? Yes! This Education Day will be recorded and ultimately available through the Spina Bifida Association website. However, the benefit to attending live is that you get to ask your own, individual questions and interact with presenters and attendees.
6. May I apply for financial assistance? Residents of California, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Idaho, Tennessee, Michigan, Nevada, and Utah may apply for financial assistance from their Corporate Chapter. Please click here to apply. The deadline to apply is February 5, 2021.
7. Where is my login information? A few days before the event, all registered participants will receive an email with the details to log in to the event.
8. What is Bingo Night and Conversation, and how do I join it? Living with Spina Bifida in Central PA is excited to host and lead an evening of bingo and conversation for all adults who registered for the Education Day on March 13. A few days before the events, registrants will receive an email with the login information for both events. Please note that Bingo Night requires attendees to register via Zoom. This information will be provided in the same email as the one with the login information, a few days before the events. Stay tuned!
Sponsor and Exhibitor Information to Come