2021 Virtual Spina Bifida Education Day for Parents
Join us on May 15, 2021Buy Tickets! Donate
|Ticket||Quantity Left||Price Each|
|Early bird registration||Available||$25.00|
The Spina Bifida Association invites you to the 2021 Education Day for Parents
Lifelong Transition: Making Connections for Healthy Living
This event will be presented by specialists at Children's National Hospital Spina Bifida Program, Kennedy Krieger Institute Center for Spina Bifida and Related Conditions, Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU Spina Bifida Clinic, and the Spina Bifida Association.
This live, virtual educational event will address topics relating to growing up with Spina Bifida across three different age groups. There will be time for Q&A with the speakers and panelists at the conclusion of each presentation.
Registration includes access to:
All May 15, 2021 Lifelong Transition: Making Connections for Healthy Living Education Day sessions
Live question and answer sessions following each presentation
Recording of all sessions that you can download to listen and keep
Registration ($25) closes on May 15 at 11 AM ET
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should register for this event? We selected the topics of this Education Day based on conversations with parents of children with Spina Bifida who shared what their needs are and what they'd like to know more about. We believe that the topics related to pediatric care that will be covered, and the experiences and insights from the panel of adults with Spina Bifida, can help parents and caregivers understand how to help their children prepare for their lifelong health care and self-advocacy needs.
2. Since the event is virtual, why isn't it free? Virtual events still cost money. The registration fee helps cover SBA's staff time, technology, and promotion. Attendees will still receive high-quality content delivered in a clear, professional, and engaging manner.
3. Will I still be able to meet and interact with the presenters and other registrants? Yes! There will be live question and answer sessions following the presentations. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of the Spina Bifida specialists and panelists with the local community organizations.
4. Will the event be recorded? Yes! This Education Day will be recorded, and each registered attendee will receive a link, about two weeks after the event, to the recordings. The recordings can be downloaded and saved for your own personal use. However, the benefit to attending live is that you get to ask your own, individual questions and interact with presenters and attendees.
5. May I apply for financial assistance? Residents of California, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Idaho, Tennessee, Michigan, Nevada, and Utah may have applied for financial assistance from their Corporate Chapter. The application deadline was April 5, 2021.
6. Where is my login information? A few days before the event, all registered participants will receive an email with the details to log in to the event.
Sponsor and Exhibitor Information